Monday, February 14, 2011

True Love

Our Love story began on January 25th 2009.
I received a notification on my phone while I was at a movie with friends, that a guy named Jared Harris wanted to add me as a friend on Facebook. I sat there trying SO hard to figure out how I knew him.
He didn't look familiar at all....but his name sounded familiar. But I just couldn't figure it out!
When I got home I looked him up on the computer and noticed that we had one friend in common
(I must know him then, right?!)
So I accepted his friend request and then sent him a message....

"Sorry this is soooo lame, but your name sounds sooooo familar and I've been trying so hard to remember how I know you!? And I know once you tell me im gunna really feel lame!:) haha!"

he replied....

"ha so the other day my mom told me that my grandma told her i needed to meet this girl roxanne reed so my mom was all hey see if this girl has facebook and be her friend. so i guess my grandma knows you?????? i dont know"

AH HA! Then it hit me! About two months prior my mom told me
how our visiting teacher Marae Harris (Jared's grandmother) told her that I needed to meet her grandson. I was very skeptical at first and then agreed but found out he just started dating someone, so that was that....Well so I thought! So now he was single and adding me on Facebook! 

Before I could reply back to him he started to Facebook chat with me!
I was SO nervous!!! That was the beginning of our correspondence. Facebook chats
lead to texts, then evening phone calls, then him finally asking me on a date! :)

The night before our first date I was feeling SO sick because I was SO nervous!
My mom asked me what was wrong and I replied "Im scared he isn't gunna like me"
My mom laughed! She asked me why I cared so much, I hadn't even met him yet...and
that the worst thing that could happen would be we just ended up being friends. BUT I didn't want to be just friends haha! I was already falling in love with him and I hadn't even met
him!?! (weird I know...Im not a creepier I promise!)

Then the day arrived he picked me up at my apartment, he was SOOOOOO much cuter in person!! :D
Our plans were to go and play tennis but none of the courts had lights on so we couldnt...
Plan B was to go long boarding. It was my first time ever going! Talk about freaking out! haha
We didnt have any accidents, that was good! Then we went out to dinner with his friends, Melissa, Morgan and Gregg. I felt bad because I didn't talk a lot, but Im glad he understood that I was just a shy person! After dinner we went to Gregg's house to play games and watch a movie. 
Jared was all cuddly, I was SO dying on the inside haha! It was awesome :) He dropped me off gave me an awesome hug and I hoped and prayed he would ask me out again!

The next day I was at work. During my lunch break he calls me. He began by accusing me of "Baiting him", I was like what?! He then explained that I had left my tennis rackets in his car. He interpreted
that as me wanting a second date hahah. Which was totally not my intention! But Im sure glad I did!!!
We went on a few lunch dates, then a date to the drive-ins were we held hands for the first time :)
THEN on our third date (which was February 13th) we were at Gregg's again hanging out with friends watching a movie. The movie ran late so it was past midnight now (which then made it February 14th...catch my drift? ;D ) Jared learned towards me and I thought he was gunna tell me something....
Well I guessed wrong he was leaning in to KISS me!!! It totally threw me off guard but I remember the butterflies it gave me :) Valentines day will always be a special day for us!

He must have felt the same butterflies because we dated for six amazing months and then he popped the question on August 4th 2009. We married four months later on December 19th 2009. 
We have been LIVING THE DREAM ever since!
Im so very grateful that Jared and I found each other. I cant imagine my life without him.
He is my everything, my role model, my hero, and my better half! 
Words cant express enough how happy it makes me to know
 that I get to spend ETERNITY with him! 
I love you so very much Jared Harris!!!!

*Special thanks go out to our wonderful Grandma Harris, and Jared likes to thank Mark Zuckerberg(creator of Facebook) for helping us in the process of finding each other :D

Jared's Facebook picture at the time

And here was mine...

First picture together!

Engaged!!

Halloween 2009

Washington October 2009

Married December 19th 2009!



First Anniversary :)


Valentines Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE comments! :)