Monday, April 18, 2011

Relay For Life 2011

Last saturday and sunday (April 16th-17th)
Jared and I participated in Relay for Life.
The event took place at my old High School, Red Mountain.
It was one of the most rewarding things we have done in awhile!!!
My dear friend (from my families ward) Mckenna Hansen 
was diagnosed with cancer in the fall of 2008 at the age of 20.
She underwent six months of chemo and a month of radiation, but is now healthy.
She is a survivor!!!
We felt honored to be involved in such a great cause, to raise money for
others out there like McKenna and to help find a cure for cancer!
Here are some pictures from the event!


Our Team-TEAM AWESOME
(missing Jared and Ethan)

Loved our shirts, they were so cool!

 My sister Chyanne and My Mom
love them!


The Survivor walk
I got super teary-eyed during this part :)

McKenna and her nephew Sam

Abby, Emma, and Noah





Hanging out in the tent


Walking the track on and off
from 12pm-4am!!!


Getting ready for the Luminary ceremony
(Coolest Part)









They turned off all the lights in the stadium
and everyone walked about the track in silence with their candles


Remembering those who have past
because of cancer

The Luminaries went from HOPE to COPE to CURE






We are excited for next year, Relay for Life 2012! :)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are soo awesome!!!

    p.s. your hair is super cute-did you cut it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!!!
    Yes I did, Im loving it shorter :)
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! :)