Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reminiscing

One year ago, Jared asked me if I would take August 4th off from work so we could spend the day together.  I agreed. When that day came, he picked me up from my apartment really REALLY early in the morning (I wasnt too excited about that!). We got into his car and starting driving on the highway. I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going. Finally after 30 minutes passed I asked "Where are we going?!". His answer was "Sedona!". I remember thinking wow Sedona, thats a good 2 hours away....something must be up?! ;)


Once we got there, the first thing we did was walk the shops! It was so much fun.  After an hour or two we stopped and had lunch at a pizza place. Jared asks me what should we do next, and Im clueless. All I've ever done in Sedona is shop!? I tell him I don't have any ideas, and he tells me he doesn't either. I believed him....So we decided to "drive around" and look for more shops. He fooled me for a little while, until I glanced at his GPS and saw that we were "approaching our destination"! He turned into a place that said Jeep Tours
Ha no plans eh?! Jared had a big grin on his face as he was telling me about how he made a reservation for the two of us. 

So we signed in, hopped into the Jeep (with a crazy tour guide) and were off to the mountains! It was so BEAUTIFUL and so fun to see the amazing mountains. We talked, laughed, and got all sandy/dirty. It was a great experience to share with each other. (Even though I felt so gross the whole time) haha :)
 As the tour was coming to an end we approached the famous "Carousel Rock",( it has appeared in quite a few Western movies). There we were able to get out of the Jeep and climb to the top to see the view, It was breathtaking! I remember there were only a few other people up there with us, we had them take our picture and then they left...












So then it was just US! We ended up exploring a little and then found a perfect spot to see the view. There we were standing side by side marveling how beautiful everything was when Jared turns to me and says "Would you like a toothpick?". I reply "No thank you". Then before I know it, Jared is down on one knee, with a stunning ring in my face, speedily saying "Will you Marry me?!"
I was in SHOCK! The first thing that came out of my mouth was "You butt head!?" and started crying! :) Poor Jared was still kneeling there and asked "Did you say yes?". I smiled and said "Of course!"

 I love you Jared Harris!!!

2 comments:

  1. what a cute post!!! We need to come to over to your house again and stay longer! Or you guys come to our house :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments! :)